[Towertalk] Ham friendly CC&Rs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ham friendly CC&Rs?
From: k0sd@juno.com (k0sd@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:59:47 -0400
   The one exception I know to this is, if the additional antenna(s) adds
to the overall height on the tower, with the highest stucture over 200 ft
or within the glideslope of an airport.
   The FCC already has a tower height and highest structure on every
registered tower (you can go to the fcc website and see that, and it is
manditory within any airport glideslope or over 200 ft tower).   If you
put something up that is extends up higher than any of the above
mentioned, it will have to be licensed/registered with the fcc/faa.   If
it extends into the local airport glide-slope, it will probably be
denied.    You will certainly have to get approval from the FAA before it
is approved.  Not doing so can result in a few $10,000 fine, it only cost
a local cellular company about $500,000 locally a year ago.
   I'm a tech with the largest paging company in the USA, have to deal
with licensing issues too often.   If there's any questions, it has to go
past my engineering and legal departments before we can install anything.

73's de Stephen, K0SD in NC