[Towertalk] Guy wire resonance...morphed to stacking quesiton...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy wire resonance...morphed to stacking quesiton...
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (R.D. (Ron) Rossi )
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:37:07 -0400
Folks,

I already have my top guys of phillystran. On top is currently an A3S with 40m
add on at 92'. I am planning on replacing that with a TH6 at 90' and a Hygain
402BA 10' above it. I can probably get the spacing to 12', but much more is
going to be a bit more problematic on the existing tower. Any comments on the
spacing? Is it enough? Modeling data?

I checked the archives and found some pretty good hits. I see comments from
K3ND in 1999 about a slight shift in TH6 SWR on 15m with a 402CD at 10'
spacing. K1ZM also comments about a TH6 and 402CD being fine at 10' spacing in
1999 when discussing the then new XM240. Sam Ferris tried both a 402BA and
XM240 with 6' spacing and the booms perpendicular in 1998.

I played around in NEC4WIN, but don't trust results using full sized antennas.
I would love to read more recent comments and possibly some modeling work.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont