[Towertalk] Glen Martin and Hazer at 70 feet

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Glen Martin and Hazer at 70 feet
From: omalleyvalve@yahoo.com (Rick Wheeler)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:50:52 -0700 (PDT)
I recently acquired a 50 foot Glen Martin 18" face tower system
complete with the Hazer. If I wanted to go to 70 feet normally one
would use the Voyager system (side track). But I have the Hazer  (the
"wrap around trolley") and was wondering if anyone has gone to 70 feet
or more with the Hazer. Glen Martin specifies a second set to guys when
past 50 feet. But with the Hazer (not the Voyager) the second set of
guys "get in the way of the Hazer".

I do have free access to a second Hazer assembly. Someone once
suggested that I use the second Hazer to lift the second set of guys.
But I am concerned about the strength; that is the translation of the
downward forces from the guys under stress to the Hazer cable and the
small safety lock on the Hazer assembly.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Rick Wheeler
K4LX