[Towertalk] Re: Coax Connector Losses - Does anyone know?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Coax Connector Losses - Does anyone know?
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:32:17 -0400
On 5/31/02 9:25 AM, N2TK at tony.kaz@verizon.net wrote:

>You don't pull the shied through the 4 holes. You first tin the shield then
>install the PL-259. Then you solder the tinned shield through the 4 holes so
>that you have a good electrical connection.

You know, the problem I often have with this technique is that I cannot
put the connector barrel on to the RG-213 if there's too much tinning.
The coax tends to twist and distort, and I can't really grab it with
pliers without damaging it.

So, what's the best way to put a PL-259 connector on? How do you hold to
coax still while rotating the connector barrel?

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901