[Towertalk] bulkhead ground system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] bulkhead ground system
From: Bill@aa6tt.com (William Hein, AA6TT)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
I am considering removing a window in my garage (my ham station
sits on the 2nd floor, over the garage) to use as an entry point
for all my antenna feedlines and control cables.

I am thinking of replacing the window with a sheet of copper cut
to the window frame's dimensions, drilling a series of holes for
double female coax feedthru connectors to connect the feedline
from the antenna outside the window to ICE lightning protectors
(the ICE units connected to the feedthru connectors via double
male coax connectors) on the garage side.  Copper ribbon will
connect the copper sheet to a series of ground rods (and the
telco and power gnd systems).

I'm looking for comments on this setup before it's built.  Should
I be concerned about bolting the copper feed thru panel directly
to my garage's wood frame -- is this a fire hazard?

Comments on other aspects of this strategy welcome.

73,
Bill AA6TT

William H. Hein, AA6TT
10 Clark Road