[Towertalk] The Battle Creek Trapper

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] The Battle Creek Trapper
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 05:01:03 -0600
The SIMPLE solutions are a single band inverted L wire antenna
(lowest cost) or shunt feeding your tower.  Why pay high prices
for trapped or loaded antennas when a low cost solution is
available and easier to install and match?

Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:17:32 -0700 "Kevin Nathan" <k7rx@attbi.com>
writes:
> Hi All,
>
> I am still gathering and evaluating information on possible antennas
> for
> 160.  I am looking very hard at something called the Battle Creek
> Trapper
> which seems to be the wire version of the Battle Creek Special
> which, from
> what I gather, has made quite a name for itself in the dx community.
>
> If anyone on the list has used either the Battle Creek Special or
> the wire
> version, please write to me concerning your experiences.  IN
> specific, if
> you have used coaxial traps, how broadbanded were they?  What were
> your on
> air results?
>
> thanks much and 73.
>
> Kevin, K7RX :)