[Towertalk] Lightning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lightning
From: llindblom@juno.com (Larry L Lindblom)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:05:24 +0000
My fondest memory of lightening occurred a few year back as an operator
at N0NI during field day.  we were class 3 or 4 E.  My operating position
was a table just inside the entrance to a Morton (steel building) with
the door wide open.  A storm came up and I saw a bolt of lightening, up
close it looked like a silver ball that shot down from a low cloud then
went horizontally about 50 feet away from me and finally into the ground.
 Lightening must be very stupid as it could have gone to any one of 8 or
9 towers ranging up to 150 ft + tall.

73 W0ETC