[Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:26:06 -0600
Putting the Start Cap at the tower base is an excellent idea.
I've been doing this for years on my 2L40 at 95 ft which is
400 ft from my house.  I used #14 house wiring for the CW,
CCW, and solenoid runs and tied the ground lead to the
shield of my CATV Hardline.

I suggest paralleling the CW and CCW wires for shorter runs.
If the solenoid is pulliing in (LOUD  CLICK), there is NO Need
to parallel the heavy wires.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.