[Towertalk] RE: G-2800DXA; rattle noise OK?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: G-2800DXA; rattle noise OK?
From: wilder@abs.net (Martha & Dick Wilder)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:01:02 -0400 (EDT)
I had asked TT if a rattle noise was OK in a Yaesu G-2800DXA rotator.
The noise sounds like a part sliding and then banging into the case.
About a dozen replied with most saying they have heard it in their
units. But, a two replied that their rotator did not have a rattle
noise.  The dealer (HRO in Woodbridge) thought it was normal.

I wanted to have details of what caused theso that I could be
comfortable before the rotator went up the tower.   A message to
Yaesu resulted in the following.

Thanks to all that replied.  The majority appear to be correct
which shows again that TT folks have the answers.

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI
       Dick's lifetime address is k3di@arrl.net