[Towertalk] Teflon Tubing Source Needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Teflon Tubing Source Needed
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:15:27 -0600
Allen Bond stocks many sizes of Fiberglass rod and tubing.
I don't know if he carries Teflon but he may be able to direct you.

Allen Bond
Max-Gain Systems

Work:   770-973-6251
Fax:    815-461-7730
E-Mail: info@mgs4u.com

221 Greencrest Ct
Marietta, GA 30068-3825

Homepage:       www.mgs4u.com

Note:
I also found several sources for all types of PLASTIC, (Teflon,
Delrin, Phenolic) etc by doing a SEARCH on YAHOO.

Tom  N4KG

On Sun, 08 Sep 2002 Dennis Ashworth <K7FL@arrl.net> writes:
> I am rebuilding a Hy-Tower and want to replace the reportedly
> inadequate
> top insulator sleeves with Teflon. This has been reported as a good
> solution to prevent arcing across the insulators on 160M. The
> dimensions of
> the existing insulators (material unknown) are 2" ID, 0.25" wall
> thickness
> and 4" long. Does anyone know where I can purchase a foot of Teflon
> tubing
> with the above dimensions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis, K7FL