[Towertalk] tower removal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower removal
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:23:02 -0600
I have witnessed two crane installations of R45 tower.
Sub sections were previously assembled equal to the
spacing between guy wires (30 and 40 ft respectively).

For perfectly vertical lift, THREE  straps were attached,
one to each leg, going down through the center.  This
worked VERY well.  The other assembly used a single
heavy strap and the crane operator / tower guy had to
play with positioning to get each sub-assembly vertical
for engagement.  I prefer the three strap method.

I assume the same technique could be used for disassembly.

Tom  N4KG

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:46:47 -0700 "Earl" <ebailley@direcpc.com> writes:
> Seeking a little advice about the removal of a well guyed AB 105 to
> 135 ft.
>
> A 75 ft crane is easily available and wondered if, when the guys are
> free,  a couple of inches lift at the crane top level would allow
> removal of the lowest section (previously unbolted) to clear the
> base and then lay over the assembled tower for unbolting.
>
> The tower and guys w/grips and insulators will be offered for sale.
> Location is Hansville WA which is on the W side of the Puget Sound.
>
> Any better ideas appreciated as we have no expeience in this area
>
> Earl W7TK

> multipart/alternative
>   text/html
> ---