[Towertalk] loop around rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] loop around rotator
From: stetrekve@yahoo.com (steve sala)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:26:17 -0700 (PDT)
I know this has been covered probably many times, but
there is nothing in the ARRL Handbook or Antenna book
about it.  How do you determine ahead of time the size
of loop to go around a rotator so it can turn and not
screw up the coax?  The bottom of my rotator will be
about 48" below the top of the tower with three 9913F7
runs (the flexible stuff) coming down from the three
antennas on the mast.  I was maybe going to put a
piece of 1" schedule 40 PVC pipe on a mast/boom clamp
and have it come out about 12-18" from the tower below
the rotator.  The end of that pipe would be where the
coaxes all were connected as the fixed point below
above where the coax would wrap around the tower when
the rotator turns?  I have to make my coax runs on the
ground since I need it connect them to the antennas
before I lift them up.  The coax will actually be
short runs to go from the antenna connection points to
a plate below the rotator which will have double
female UHF bulkhead connectors.  The antennas are a 6
meter loop, 70 cm beam, and a 7 element 6 meter beam.
Thanks, 73,K7AWB Steve

http://sbc.yahoo.com