[TowerTalk] Full wave loop on 80m : Impedance 50 or 75 Ohms??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Full wave loop on 80m : Impedance 50 or 75 Ohms??
From: wb1dog@yahoo.com (Jim Apple)
Date: Tue Jan 28 08:45:57 2003
I feed mine with 450 ladder line and a 1:1 choke balun
in the shack just before my tuner (kat2).  I can work
all bands with this config and it really gets out,
much better than the could burner reputation would
suggest.  I have measure the impedance at around 90 on
80 and from 36 to 600 on other bands.  The tuner
cleans it up and it really sings for me.

btw: I feed it with coax for the first 2 years and
what I found was the losses in the coax made it look
like it was a good match on other bands but it really
wasn't.  I got a real big improvement just by going to
ladder line, nothing else was changed.

- Jim

=====
- Jim Apple (WB1DOG)