[TowerTalk] Log periodic vs Steppir

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Log periodic vs Steppir
From: k0wa@swbell.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon Jun 23 11:02:35 2003
Boy, I hope I am not opening up a can of worms here....but I am interested in
doing some work on the old antenna farm and have come to a question that I
cannot answer because I have no experience.

I have never used or been around a log periodic, but Teledynne has some for a
pretty good price.  Covers a lot a bands that a "tri-bander" doesn't cover.

Then you have the Steppir folks that have their unique way of making antennas.
To say the least it is facinating how they do things.

Does anyone have some understand in a relationship between the two types of
antennas that would shed some light on a decision making processes.

Lee - K0WA