[TowerTalk] Buried conduit (was Pull rope)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried conduit (was Pull rope)
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Mon Aug 4 14:42:37 2003
I'm planning on running all my wires through the
cheap, corrugated black 6" tubing.  At first it looks
like the pipe might be less than ideal (all the
corrugations appear to be snag "magnets").  However,
if I make certain that the leading edge of the wire
bundle is rounded over well, I don't see it being much
of a problem (famous last words) to pull it through.
Has anyone had experience with this black stuff?

An obvious plus: creating gentle bends in the pipe as
it is installed will be easier than with the "hard
stuff".

I plan to bury a second empty one in the same trench
for future use.

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com