[TowerTalk] Buried conduit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried conduit
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (kb9cry@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 6 13:37:49 2003
I use 4 inch, perforated corrugated drainage pipe for my runs (up to 120 ft.)
I first dug the trench, then laid in landscape fabric, inserted the pipe, then
wrapped the fabric over the top of the pipe.  This should keep most dirt out
and then backfilled.  I've never had a problem pulling cables through, even
after it had a few inside already.  At each entry point, I slit and cut a
plastic cap to allow the cables to exit but keep the critters out.  No problems
so far and real inexpensive.  Phil  KB9CRY