[TowerTalk] Sunlight protection for fiberglass

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sunlight protection for fiberglass
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Mon Aug 18 11:09:47 2003
I have a used M2 40M3L antenna that I am putting back
together and I noticed that the fiberglass insulating
parts are starting to "fray" - i.e., the glass fibers
are separating somewhat, giving the surface a "fuzzy"
feel.  I suspect UV is the cause.

I would like to protect the fiberglass from further
damage.  I considered using 3M #88 electrical tape as
a "wrap", but is there something more suitable for
this?

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com