Re: [TowerTalk] P.S.: Surge supression

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] P.S.: Surge supression
From: "Michael Hatzakis, Jr" <mikehatzakis@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:19:41 -0800 (PST)
On this same point, I do have a direct wire from an outside ground, through a
wall connecting all my equipment.  I use an MFJ antenna switch that grounds the
antennas when I switch it off.  How reliable is this at protecting my equipment
in the event of lighting?

"Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com> wrote:<<point station ground
panel, as well as to the home safety ground.>>>

<into a giant antenna by transferring rf from the shack rf ground to the 3rd
wire on the house service lines.>>

p.s. It also sounds like a way to set up a nice ground loop in your station
so RF can get into places you don't want it.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions