[TowerTalk] Alumatower (this is not about BPL or Permits!)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alumatower (this is not about BPL or Permits!)
From: "Brian Lambert" <n1ik@n1ik.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:23:57 -0500
Hi All,

N1IK, Brian, here.  At the risk of starting a tower-related thread (hi hi),
I was wondering whether anyone out there would like to comment on Alumatower
products?

Last year I got the opportunity to visit the Mitre club station a couple of
times with N1IW, Mike, and got a look at a pretty sweet looking aluminum
crank-up tower they have.  I was taken with its apparent light weight and
quality construction.  It was made by Alumatower.

I've just moved into a new QTH in Windham, NH, and am planning to install a
tower here.  My main desire is to have a self-supporting tower that is
better than 60-70 feet tall.  I hope to put a T? log periodic or a SteppIR
on it, and also to use it as one of the supports for several wire antennas
low band work.

I'm looking for advice, thoughts on self-supporting towers in general, etc.,
and comments on competing products as well.

73!

Brian, N1IK