RE: [TowerTalk] 40M Steppir?

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>,'Bernard' <wtrone@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] 40M Steppir?
From: ragnar otterstad <la5he@yahoo.no>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:56:19 +0100 (CET)
 --- "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com> skrev: >

"   There is no commercial 40 meter product
> other than
> the BigIR.  They did one pair of elements for a
> defense
> contractor some time ago but nothing ever came of
> that project.
> We talked a good bit about the current product ...
> some of the
> pros and cons of their choice of boom length, etc.
>
> Mike was busy most of the time ... looks like
> they're selling
> the current products as quickly as they can build
> them.

SNIP

If they decide to go for a version covering 40 meters
I trust that would include 30 meters too, which would
be a killer with the declining sunspotnumbers !

30 m is a fantastic band, greatly underutilized for
some reason.  I guess the lack of a variety of
commercial antennas is one reason.

73

Rag p.t.  JW5HE

Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom