Re: [TowerTalk] PLANNING ASSISTANCE NEEDED

To: Alan Brenner <abrenner@qmpwlaw.com>,"'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PLANNING ASSISTANCE NEEDED
From: <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 7:49:54 -0400
The board might say you don't need a permit but the building department could
be a whole different story.Anything you get make sure its in writing and get
the names and bussiness cards of whom ever you talk to.N Miami Beach is Dade
county.That means engineering for 140 MPH.You want to start wih a survey and
check the set back requirements also max height.Then we can talk about plans
and permits.I finished my 35' in 11/03.It can be done but its not easy

                         73 Joe K4XZ

> From: Alan Brenner <abrenner@qmpwlaw.com>
> Date: 2004/06/04 Fri AM 07:50:57 EDT
> To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Subject: [TowerTalk] PLANNING ASSISTANCE NEEDED
>
> I am considering installing a tower. I have a fairly small lot and the homes
> are close together. I imagine 35-40 ft. Also, would like to minimize the
> interaction with City of N. Miami Beach, but want to do the right thing.
> There is a general City ordinance stating no permit is needed for 35 ft
> height from grade or 20 feet above the roof. Currently I have a 2 element TB
> on a push up pole at about 25-30 ft and have had no complaints. I also have
> an inverted vee on another p.u.p. at 35 feet.
>
> Can someone direct me to a ham/lawyer/engineer/consultant to go over the
> possible issues? I would like start also begin due diligence as to which
> tower would best suit my needs and budget considerations.
>
> Thank you and 73's
> Alan
> W4ARM

JOE PATRICK