[TowerTalk] tower base insulators

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower base insulators
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
I toying with th eidea of trying to insulate my tower when I
put it up shortly.
I know that Rohn made insulators at one time. But, I really looking
for ideas on how to do this without using them...if they could even be found...
I kinda want to use the tower as a vertical, but have never had any luck with
shunt feeding.
Just kicking this around a bit. Any ideas?
Thanks, Tom K5IID

btw...yes I am a ham!

We can never, never forget !

Tom Horton K5IID
Hillsboro, TX
USA-CA All Counties 661---DXCC---5 BAND DXCC
WPX HONOR ROLL---5 BAND WAC---WAZ

Finally back home in Texas after all these years!

"E" sorter for the ARRL W5 QSL bureau