Re: [TowerTalk] tuning a gap titan on 40 and 80??

To: <dansawyer@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tuning a gap titan on 40 and 80??
From: "Tim, N9PUZ" <n9puz@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:18:39 -0600
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:37:16 -0800, Dan Sawyer wrote:

> I have a gap titan and am trying to 'tune' it on 40 and 80.
>
> On 80 the center is about 3800kc; I would like to raise this to
> 3950. Is there a cap to do this??
>
> On 40 the SWR is 2.8 at the low end and 3.2 at the high end. How
> can I adjust the SWR on 40? What are the controls and how do they
> work??

The length of the counterpoise hoop controls the center frequency on
40 Meters. With mine ground mounted and about 75 feet from any
structures the SWR was near perfect with the wire length set as per
the manual.

The capacitor controls the center frequency on 75/80. A call to GAP
will tell you which cap you need for sure but mine is resonant about
where you want and I think the "green" cap is installed. I don't know
the value.

Tim,  N9PUZ