Re: [TowerTalk] Unauthorized port access...

To: jimjarvis@ieee.org, k8do@mailblocks.com, n9iww@verizon.net,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unauthorized port access...
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 07:14:50 -0800 (PST)
I second Jim's advice on getting a Router/Firewall
especially if you have a broadband connection.... to
give you an idea i just looked at the logs on my
firewall there were 180 dropped packets from 9:37 to
10:07. most of these 'appear' to be these file sharing
thingys looking for servers to swap files (music
etc...) , but ,theres all kinds of other stuff mixed
in there too , like Jim i no longer concern myself
with them, i glance at them from time to time. i also
have Mcafee ,assorted spy/adware pgms ,poup blockers
and some additional registry entries to stop things
from loading themselves. can you imagine just how cool
the internet would be if you didnt have to worry about
all this junk...

Dan N8DCJ

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250