[TowerTalk] Tower grounding specific to my installation

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding specific to my installation
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:15:26 -0800 (PST)

You have all be a plethora of knowledge that I thought I would ask another
question.

I keep reading here on the list that one should have their tower ground
attached to the ground where the middle leg of the 220 is located.  That ground
connection is under 5 inches of concrete, but I do have a 10 gauge wire coming
out of t he concrete to the service entry box,  I could attach to that wire
using a "split bolt."

My tower is located near the patio and the only way to get a wire from the
tower (which has a 8 foot ground rod X 2) is to run a wire alongside the house
... make a square corner....go under the sill of a door and then onto the 10
gauge wire coming out of the congrete patio.  The total length would be around
20 to 25 feet.

Now for all you experts with all the knowledge....would that work?

Lee - K0WA