Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: SteppIR QSY Time

To: Rick Scott <rickn7hj@gmail.com>,Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: SteppIR QSY Time
From: <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:26:25 -0500
It's a legitimate question, one that could help someone determine which
product to buy. Twelve seconds for a one-way band change isn't a huge
issue, sure, but 24 there and back (moving multipliers, etc.) and it does
become an issue, particularly if you want to try and move a mult and keep
your CQ frequency.

And you don't need multiple monobanders to feel that.

When I read Dick's question, I just KNEW it would touch a nerve among
SteppIR faithful.

If it's not an issue for you, enjoy your SteppIR. If it is an issue, then buy
something else. No need to accuse anybody of 'whine.'

73, kelly
ve4xt

> From: Rick Scott <rickn7hj@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/08/12 Fri PM 02:57:01 CDT
> To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: SteppIR QSY Time
>
> > Interested to find out if any contesters using the SteppIR 3 element
find
> > that the QSY time between bands is too objectionable. I found out from
> > SteppIR that from 20 to 15 the time is about 9 seconds and from 20 to
10 it
> > is 12 seconds. Since this will be my only antenna for those bands it
appears
> > that QSY in contests is not very swift. Thoughts?
>
> Honest Truth, 12 seconds to QSY is  a whine not a legit complaint.
Anyone who