Re: [TowerTalk] lightning and insulated elements..

To: "'Ian White GM3SEK'" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] lightning and insulated elements..
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:05:30 -0500

The wind would blow the ionization away before it could build up enough to
do any good. Yes you are right about what would happen if the radioactive
rod did take a hit!
There was quite an uproar here to ban those things when introduced to the
market.
It was another one of those supposedly magic lightning preventors.

73
Gary  K4FMX