Re: [TowerTalk] AB-577/GRC Engineering Specs?

To: "'Michael Braun'" <mrblinux@gmail.com>,"'Joe - WD0M'" <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AB-577/GRC Engineering Specs?
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:47:02 -0400
Mike,
How about modeling a mast of the available dimensions, guyed and anchored
according to the deployment instructions of the manual and topped with a six
square foot wind load?

You can also make some reasonable assessments of the material type and its
strength based on nominal deployed configurations.
Uncle Sam is VERY CONSERVATIVE in these matters.

Finally, you might be able to figure out who made these things for Uncle Sam
and see if someone out there can provide additional info.

73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964
w2ttt@att.net