Re: [TowerTalk] RF Quiet Router

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Quiet Router
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:06:32 -0700
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:47:15 -0700, Jim Lux wrote:

>At least, I don't hear any new birdies on the radio that's connected
>to the equipment that's connected to the module.

I wouldn't expect RF noise to be coupled to the radio via the radio's
power port -- I would expect our radios to do decent RF filtering on
it's own power input (or perhaps I live in wonderland). But I WOULD
expect trash produced in the power supply to leak onto its own power
cable and be RADIATED by that power cable and picked up by the
receiving antenna(s).

73,

Jim Brown K9YC