To: "'Bob Smith'" <na6t@na6t.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 45, Issue 66
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:09:32 -0700
> When pulling the cable through the conduit lube the cable and rope with
> "wire pulling lube" like IDEAL YELLOW 77 (ideal pn # 31-358).  or if you
>   want to go expensive, use their teflon additive or auga-gell 2.

I would suggest NOT using yellow 77 as it dries to a solid wax type
substance after use and can stick the wire in place real well.  Aqua-gel is
a great water based product that doesn't cause that problem, and there are
other products with better slippery characteristics such as various
lubricants made by Polywater.

One slight caution about rope.  If you are using PVC pipe, the rope being
pulled around the PVC corners can 'burn' a groove in the pipe.  The second
or third pull can create quite a bind if the product is larger than the
rope.  If you want a top notch installation, you can obtain a flat webbing
often referred to as 'mule tape' with varying pulling strengths.  This stuff
is great, won't groove in the corners of the elbows and doesn't have that
natural twist  you get with three strand rope so it's not so likely to wrap
around the installed product and create more friction.

Good luck!