Re: [TowerTalk] Solar Power Question

To: Doug Rehman <rehman@surveil.com>,'Jim Brown' <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,'Tower Talk List' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solar Power Question
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
The list is to share

In your case , what I will do in your case is look to
reduce the lost of power in heat , try to use only
12vdc equipment, trasnformers and power inverters are
not good in the solar powered equipment

I will start with one battery size 27 or 29 deep cycle
full charge and the 45 w panel for a start, if your
solar controler have a  low voltage control can save
your bateries and save the day,  but most of the
Linksys run in low voltage with out problem (i use
those in 5v some times)

I get the idea for the solar sistem , but running
equipment at 24vdc equipment  as repeater in a hill
top
good luck in your project

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp