Re: [TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes thatare stuck togeth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes thatare stuck together ?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:19:16 -0500 (EST)
Aluminium?   :)

A method I've used with excellent results is to lubricate the aluminum tubes as
best as possible, then hammer the end of the stuck tube from the inside of the
larger  tube.  This can be done with a slightly smaller diameter tube that
slides easiily inside the larger diameter tubing.

I suggest you do not twist the tubes, there's a significant risk of galling and
cold welding the tubes if you do.

73!
Frank
W3LPL