Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning damage to rotor housings(Was:Whichthrusebearin

To: "'Keith Dutson'" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning damage to rotor housings(Was:Whichthrusebearing?)
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:07:38 -0500
I recently got a quote from one of the listed rotor repair guys for some
parts to repair a T2X. I asked for prices on the ring gear, main spur gear,
gear plate, gear set, lower gear shaft support, brake wedge, brake wedge
support and a few other parts. The comment I got was "why do you want all of
those parts". "I have never seen a rotator need that many parts".
But here I set with one in hand needing those parts as it was damaged in a
large wind storm.

So when I see them saying that they have never seen lightning damage to a
rotator my first thought is "they haven't seen them all".

Not to take anything at all away from either of the rotor repair guys as I
have heard many good things about both and have seen some of their work.

But like one of them said "maybe they don't send me the real bad ones".

73
Gary  K4FMX