Re: [TowerTalk] moving tower

To: Jim Fitzpatrick <jhfitzpa@wisc.edu>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] moving tower
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:33:25 -0800 (PST)
I rent a  Nations Rent  16 ft trailer , very heavy
duty trailer , i load 3 towers at the time

use a Pick UP truck  , open the box door and  allow
the tower to go almost to the ball in your bumper
with that you have balance and you can make good turns

the towe at the center the  smaller section will be at
front and the bottom at the rear, add a few red flags
and  several chains  to secure the tower

i drove more than 1500 miles with out a problem
(3 towers on it not just one)

Hector

--- Jim Fitzpatrick <jhfitzpa@wisc.edu> wrote:

> The problem:
>

> I need to move a 24 foot long (when collapsed),
> 2,400 pound tower.
> >
> > I can not find a rental trailer that is longer
> than 14 feet.
>
> *************************************
>
> I second the motion of using a boat trailer. I've
> moved a couple of crankups in the 22 ft range. I was
> able to borrow a boat trailer about 20 ft long from
> a friend. We carefully winched the tower(s) onto the
> trailer, secured it and off we went. The trailer
> easily handled the weight (600-800 lbs in my case),
> and no worry about lights, etc, since the trailer
> had them. I'm sure if a trailer can't be borrowed,
> they are available for rent at any large boat/marine
> supply dealer. They are in this area.
>
> Jim WI9WI

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp