Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering radial plate question

To: "'Ian White GM3SEK'" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering radial plate question
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:15:08 -0400
Now there you go! Best idea yet.
Why is it that so many people think that the radials have to terminate in an
almost perfect ring around the base of the vertical? Just run all the lines
to a common point near the base of the antenna and tie them together, tie
them to one another, run them directly to the matching network. There is
nothing wrong about making a bend or two in the radials to get them to one
place.

73
Gary  K4FMX