Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice....Yaesu 2800 or Yaesu 1000??

To: "'Glenn Edson'" <k1ge@edson.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice....Yaesu 2800 or Yaesu 1000??
From: "Robert Peterson" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:14:31 -0000
Glen -

I have a 4-element SteppIR at 100ft that I turn with a G-1000DXA without
problems, so you might be fine with that rotator.  I also own a G-2800DXA
that I use with a Force 12 Magnum 240N, and it is a fine, and probably
significantly superior, rotator.  If you have $500 or $600 extra in your
budget, go for the 2800, but I'm guessing you'll be fine with the 1000.

73, Bob - W3YY