Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, redux

To: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, redux
From: WD0M <wd0m@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:42:34 -0600
If I may address one point - I'd never invite
lightning inside the house - put your
Polyphaser/ICE devices outside on a SPG
to  preclude allowing Thor's hammer inside the
house where it may do even more damage.  I have
them at the SPG at the tower base, as well as in
a NEMA box on the outside of the house.  I'm with
you - over engineering is better than being
sorry.  I live in a lightning center of
Colorado....severe thunderstorms happen in this
part of the mountains in Colorado.  Can't be too
careful.  I've had one hit on the tower and everything worked as planned.

73,

Joe
WDØM