[TowerTalk] Cadwelding and grounding nightmare

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding and grounding nightmare
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:42:38 -0400
Hi all,

This is a desperate plea for help from Northern NJ. I need to get a
major cadweld-grounding project completed, and as events of this
weekend have proven, this is not a task neither I nor my xyl are
physically capable of performing. It almost ended up with me in the
hospital and my wife ready to take off permanently. I am NOT joking
about this, either. Yes, the fight was THAT bad. It's just the two of
us here. I'm in bad condition physically and can't be outside in heat
for more than an hour or so, and she can only do so much to help.

I have the ground rods down and mapped out but trenching out where
the wires are supposed to run and properly firing off the cadweld
shots turned out to be a massive and expensive waste of time, effort
and money. The last straw was the shot I fired off. Made a nice 3"
flame and a couple of minutes of glowing orange, but when the smoke
cleared and things cooled down out popped one of the wires from the
mold as if it was never even effected.

If there's anybody who is expert at this process and willing to come
to northern NJ please contact me at your earliest convenience. Guys,
I'm in waaaaaaaay over my head on this one. I bit off way more than I
can chew and I need a pro and some folks with experience to get this
done right.

Thanks in advance.

Peter,
W2IRT