Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's
From: W6SX Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:24:38 -0700
At 09:00 AM 30 06 2007, J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT wrote:

>In my experience, this issue of antennas and towers decreasing property
>values is just noise and not supported by the facts.  It seems to be more of
>a way for someone to impose their narrow sense of what they want others use
>of their property.
>
>In my neighborhood, homes that were selling for 80K twenty years ago, are
>now fetching $350-500K for mostly three bedroom, 1.5 bath homes on 40 x 100
>lots.  My block has 24 homes that have two basic floor plans that are just
>mirror images of each other.  The ones that have been essentially
>unmodified, are at the bottom of the range and the others, with additions
>and major improvements fetch more.
>
>My towers (Yes, a Rohn 25 at 45 ft and an Alumna at 40 ft) on my lot are
>clearly visible to any and all to see and they have not depressed home
>prices here.  Further, I got that argument along the way from a couple of
>neighbors, and I just shook my head incredulously when I looked at the
>purchase price of their next door neighbors' homes.  The facts simply did
>not support their argument.

Ciao OT Gordon,

Your data doesn't support your position.  Your data simply says
values went up with your towers in place.  Just because values went
up does not mean that they would not have gone up more if your towers
had not been there.  You/we simply have no way of knowing.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California