Re: [TowerTalk] Second And Third Age Old Questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Second And Third Age Old Questions
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:35:40 -0500
On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 06:22:14PM -0700, Jeffrey Okamitsu wrote:
> 2) What's the best way to route cable when using a Tic
> Ring?  FYI.  the rings are just above guy attachment points.

In my case, I routed the coax about 3 feet above the beam,
with just enough length for 180 degree rotation either side
from north. I had to experiment to find the right length where
the coax did not lay on the driven element at any azimuth.

The coax to the shack is then routed down through the middle
of the ring, with the coax secured to the tower by your favorite
means. :-)  That method has worked here for nine years so far.

73

-Kirk  K4RO