Re: [TowerTalk] Parallel Inverted L's for 40/75m??

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Parallel Inverted L's for 40/75m??
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:12:43 -0800
On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:44:25 -0500, Todd Coulter wrote:

>Is it ok to build parallel inverted L's for both 40m and 75m similar to
>the method that you would build parallel dipoles?

I'm planning to do exactly that for 80 and 160. I think I can get the top
up to about 90 ft, so the 160 will be a Tee, the 80M will be a straight
quarter wave. The antenna will be made of wire and suspended between
trees. I've done the NEC model, and it looks good. I use 1/2 inch PVC
conduit cut into lengths of about 1 ft as spacers for my fan dipoles, and
plan to do the same for this antenna.

Another idea I'm toying with is to use multiple conductors for each band
to increase the SWR bandwidth, again using spacers.

One thing to watch out for is interaction with your tower, which is
rather likely if the tower is close to a half wave (or multiple of half
waves) on either band.

73,

Jim K9YC