Re: [TowerTalk] ARRL liability insurance (tower project)

To: Dave Hoaglin <Dave_Hoaglin@abtassoc.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ARRL liability insurance (tower project)
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@longlines.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:36:42 -0500
Our club usually has had to get a "Certificate of C0-Insurance" or some such
so that the owners of the site we are using are also covered by our
liability insurance for the weekend. This does not add any coverage for
the club itself.

At 11:53 AM 4/9/2008, Dave Hoaglin wrote:
>In the past, my club has gotten a specific binder to cover Field Day.  (I
>haven't handled the arrangement, so I don't know the details.)
>
>73, Dave K1HT
>

>              Jim Lux
>              <jimlux@earthlink
>              .net>                                                      To
>              Sent by:                  wmunro@lava.net
>              towertalk-bounces                                          cc
>              @contesting.com           w4lde@cfl.rr.com,
>                                        towertalk@contesting.com
>                                                                    Subject
>              04/09/2008 10:17          Re: [TowerTalk] ARRL liability
>              AM                        insurance (tower project)
>

>wmunro@lava.net wrote:
> > Hi OM:
> >
> > I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the ARRL Club liability
> > insurance program which offers reasonable charge and high dollar
> > coverage without a lot of hassle.
> >
> > I wouldn't have the club over if they don't have the ARRL insurance or
> > equivalent, just as I wouldn't go out on FD with a club that doesn't
> > have it.
> >

>A good idea...
>http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/insurance/club_liability.html
>
>Humorously, though:
>Claims arising from activities of any participant in any game,
>*contest,* race or sporting event, including practice, are also excluded.
>
>I think though that "contest" means things like races, etc.  However,
>one might ask for clarification before?

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.