Re: [TowerTalk] remote switching for balanced lines - homebrew plan

To: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote switching for balanced lines - homebrew plan
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:37:38 -0400
Your balanced feedline can also serve as your control lines.

With no voltage on the lines, one pair of wires is selected.
With +V on the lines, one of the relays is energized
With -V on the lines, the other relay is energized.

Use good quality RFC on both sides of the line at the shack and
antenna and you shouldn't have any problems.

Look at the diagrams in ARRL Antenna Handbook or ARRH Radio Handbook
for switching details.

I use this type scheme for switching relays in a phased array for 40m
and will do so, also, for 80m.

Don
N8DE