Re: [TowerTalk] I.C.E. (Industrial Communicatrions Engineers)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] I.C.E. (Industrial Communicatrions Engineers)
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:46:00 -0700
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:04:53 -0400, Bill Winkis wrote:

>Is I.C.E. active,

Define "active." :)  I.C.E. is S L O W about delivering ham
products, especially filters, and most especially multiband filters.
I ordered two of them last year, delivery took about six months. I
was quoted a long lead time, probably 3-4 months. Called after four
months or so to ask about a ship date. Told me they had a lot of
back orders (500 or so) and were getting ready to build a batch. The
problem, they said, was that they have to put their best person on
building them, and other products are where they make their money. I
was told then that for this reason, they were strongly considering
discontinuing their ham filters.

73,

Jim K9YC