Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran and Pulleys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran and Pulleys
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
Jim,

Phillystran isn't intended for that application, so I doubt it would be a good
choice.   Perhaps someone has specific experience in this application.

Perhaps your best choice would be something like 5/16" dacron, but not the
braided variety.   I'm sure you will goet some good feedback from others on
good long lived ropes where motion over pulleys is an issue.  Small diameter
pulleys are serious detriment to rope life, I use 3 and 4 inch shieve diameters
only.

73
Frank
W3LPL