Re: [TowerTalk] RFC400

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RFC400
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:20:50 -0800
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:08:45 -0500, Kurt Cathcart, KR2C wrote:

>Here is a link to the spec sheet for the cable.
>http://www.shireeninc.com/images/cables/coaxcable-sheet.pdf

>It appears to me like it's the same as the Times product and the vendor
>tells me it is made in the same factory.  I know it's all just numbers
>on paper so I'm looking to see if anybody has any experience with it.

It is a fairly comprehensive spec sheet. The questions are 1) Who is
Shireen?  I've never heard of them. The website lists a rather broad
product line, but very much geared toward UHF applications. 2) If it's
made in the same factory, why does it not have Times name on it?  3) What
is the selling price? 4) What are you going to do with this cable? If
your application is UHF, it may be a good choice. If it is HF, you may be
better off without the water absorbing properties of a foam dielectric,
which offers no better attenuation at HF.

73,

Jim K9YC