Re: [TowerTalk] N - clamp style connector

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <w4lde@numail.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N - clamp style connector
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:26:24 -0500
One "trick" to properly installing an N connector is that you have to
separate all of the strands around the ring. You can not have any that
overlap each other at the point where they get clamped. It is kind of a pain
to separate them but it pays off. They won't work loose if done this way.
Use a sharp point like a marking scribe to separate the strands.
They need to be cut to proper length too.

73
Gary  K4FMX