Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:55:13 -0700

> but there's reason to believe that the noise
>problem is specific to the M2 controller (or, rather that it doesn't deal
>properly with the noise.) Green Heron told me that OR2800 rotors will not
>have the noise problem with their controller

That makes perfect sense to me if what I'm hearing about the rotor is true.
That is, there's nothing in the rotor but a mechanical pulser -- it's
entirely passive. The controller passes some current through it and senses
the pulses. How much current and voltage you use, and what else you might do
in that circuit to round off those pulses to minimize their harmonic content
has everything to do with how much noise is produced. So it sounds like Green
Heron has a better designer engineer than M2, at least with respect to EMC.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC