Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Incident Joke

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Incident Joke
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:36:14 -0600
* On 2010 03 Dec 12:55 -0600, David Kozinn, K2DBK wrote:
> Mythbusters did a piece of this a couple of years ago. That piece was based
> on what I think was the original myth (guy with bricks on roof), but it's
> still fun to watch:
> http://www.yourdiscovery.com/video/mythbusters-barrel-of-bricks/

So the killjoy at the end is telling how the first record of the story
was in a 1918 joke book.  What makes it funny is not that it's not true,
but that it has a kernel of truth as those of us who have worked around
towers and scaffolds know that when we're tired and hurried we make
mistakes in judgment and that's really the point of the tale.

Now who's the killjoy.  ;-)

73, de Nate >>