[TowerTalk] HDR-300 INFO

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 INFO
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:13:32 GMT
Had the HDR-300 some years ago.

The "brake" (a grey thing, supposedly held in place with a setscrew) fell off
and allowed the antenna mast to windmill.  Had to change out 7 lines in the
winter at the top of a 60' tower. I was not amused.

I'd recommend putting in a stainless steel setscrew to replace the original and
after it has been tightened, running another stainless steel setscrew down on
top of it to act as a "jam-screw."

Also had fierce QRN coming from the display.  Fixed it by wrapping the
flat cable that goes to the display from the circuit board in aluminum foil.

72,

Tim Colbert  K3HX

Shameless plug:
QRP ARCI Fireside SSB Sprint 30 Jan 2000-2359 UTC.
See QRPARCI.ORG for details.  Great fun, good folk!

$65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4d448327a22485e728st03duc